Wednesday 16 February 2011

Another Royal Wedding...........Continued

 
I see that the Royal Wedding fandango has changed up a gear with the announcement that Harry will be Best Man, the Brides sister will be the Maid of Honour and certain children (I missed who they were) will be Bridesmaids and Page Boys…………..but I still find it impossible to conjure up any enthusiasm for the event.


However……….a Big Fat Royal Wedding…………..now, that would grab my attention.


To see Wills turning up at the Abbey in a Ford Transit, wearing a vest, before changing into a white (with contrasting satin braiding, of course) tux in the back of the van………….and then the Bride clambering out of a shocking pink stretch Hummer before stumbling and staggering up the aisle in a vast, over inflated, internally illuminated meringue of a dress, accompanied by a horde of Bridesmaids dressed as Disney princesses on steroids and Page Boys dressed as Elvis……………….that’s what I call entertainment! I’d pay good money to see that.


The viewing figures would go through the roof and the
popularity of the Royal Family would reach unheard of heights but I’m not holding my breath. In reality things will follow the old familiar and very safe, path and I can’t help but think that they’re missing a trick there!

No comments:

Post a Comment