Sunday 25 September 2011

Pedal to the Medal


I recently received a press release giving details of a promotion for Pringles to take place in London on Tuesday 27th September. If you happen to be in the West End on that day and you happen to see a bright red rickshaw emblazoned with the Pringles logo, just hail it and you will be transported to your chosen destination free of charge and they’ll even throw in some free samples!


All of the journeys must be within the West End area and will last a maximum of half an hour.

Why a rickshaw ride? Well, it all seems to be tied in with the UK Track Cycling Championships and the fact that the new Olympic Velodrome has been nicknamed the Pringle, due to the shape of the roof. Although, how all of this sporting connection equates to sitting back in a rickshaw and letting someone else do all the work is slightly beyond me.

To be honest, I’m probably the least likely person to be passing this information on. I’m not sporty, I don’t cycle, I didn't support our Olympic bid and most importantly I don’t favour the use of rickshaws in Central London. However, if any of these things really do it for you, or even if you just want a free ride, remember this is a one day only offer.

I do like a Pringle though!

No comments:

Post a Comment